Sunday

The Flight

On Saturday 15 March the journey to Australia began. A taxi to the train station, a rail replacement bus to the next train station, a train to St Pancras, underground train to Paddington, Heathrow Express to Terminal 4 and the Qantas plane to Melbourne via Singapore.

The total flying time was 19 hours and 45 minutes, approximately 12 hours from London to Singapore. Having never flown before I wasn't expecting to enjoy the flight. However the time passed fairly quickly with the TV screen, my MP3 player, video interviews on my mobile phone and the frequent food that was brought round.

We had about half an hour to have a quick walk round Changi Airport and have a look at a souvenir shop. Then it was off to Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport.

1 comment:

Louisse said...

So you travel 12 hours from London to Singapore. As someone like me who haven't had the chance to travel that far, I think that's an awesome experience! :-)

I just wonder how many times did you use the toilet during that flight?! just joking :-)