Monday

Rock climb

Later that day I caught the Uluru Express bus back to Ayres Rock (Uluru). I started with the Mala Walk to Kantju Gorge.







Back in front of the Mala car park I decided to have a go at climbing Ayres Rock.
The full climb takes 2-3 hours and I only had 45 minutes before the bus would arrive to take me back to the resort.
The view from the rock is magnificent.
A self portrait taken midway up Ayres Rock. The sun was shining straight into my eyes!

The Olgas (Kaja Tjuata) in the distance.


It's a very strenuous climb and although I only did a part of it my legs still ached the following day.
It was then back onto the bus and back to the resort to join my sister and the kids for dinner at the Bough House Restaurant at the hotel. This was one of the best restaurants I went to while in Australia.

No comments: