Sunday

Brisbane Lights Tour

After settling in we were due to go on a Brisbane Lights Tour which I had pre booked. However my sister was feeling ill and wasn't able to go. The kids wanted to stay with their mum so I went on my own. As I'd booked four seats I expected to have to pay the full amount but they were good enough to only charge me for my own seat.

This tour is a great introduction to the sights of Brisbane and is one I'd recommend. Unfortunately my camera doesn't take pictures very well in the dark and you can't see anything on them. The pictures on this page were taken a couple of days later.

We toured round the first part of the city and then went to Mt Coot-tha and up to the look out where we overlooked the whole city and had lunch at the Kuta Cafe. We then continued our tour before stopping at South Bank where we had a look at Streets Beach, the man made beach and swimming area

and the Nepalese Pagoda.

and then had a ride on a CityCat Ferry
we went under Story Bridge and got off at Mowbray Park.
We then continued with our tour of the city visiting Kangaroo Point, then the part of the city that shows the water levels during Brisbane's floods and we drove past the mini Eiffel tower

before returning to the hotel.

No comments: